Traditional Alternative Interviews: Tito Fuentes of Molotov
1. How excited were you guys when you released your album “Agua Maldita” back in June?
Well, it was a turn-on in so many ways. It took us around seven years to finally get a contractual agreement so we could release an original album, this affected the content of the album of course, there were songs we wrote and got the arrangement ready to rec that didn't even make it to the album for instance. Also, people where already "demanding" it in a way and on the personal mind frame, we needed to do it. This is the firs Molo album that we produce money wise, so on that aspect it was hard work too. Then picking up the Producer and starting to choose songs from around 40 demos and of course the traveling, studio booking etc. You can picture the relief and satisfaction this meant (means) to us, plus we absolutely love the sound, selection, etc. Happy as hell.
2. The last album you guys released was back in 2007 (Enternamiente), why did you guys wait so long to get back in the studio?
Contractual problems :(
3. How long did the writing and recording process for the album take?
Around 7 years writing ha and more than less 3 months in total with DMC going to Acapulco and etc.
4. How did you guys partner up with DMC for the song “La Raza” and “Again n’ Again”?
Met The Boss at an Adidas Gig in Argentina, we where honored to jam "Walk this way" live and made great chemistry.
5. What is your favorite song off the album and why?
Probably "No Existe". Tracks always turn out a bit different at the end, from the day I imagined it, this one, I just love the vibe it got.
6. You guys are starting the “Agua Maldita USA Tour” next month, tell us more about it and what you look forward to on tour?
We enjoy touring with new tracks out there, it's what we live of and for. The States are packed with people from all over the world plus the American R&R culture, it just feels right. We try to play a little bit from every album we got. No fireworks, just us again. Ha.
7. Last question, any plans for 2015?
Yup, a new album for sure, in this free waters we sail now, also we were invited to the Lollapaloozas at Brasil, Chile and Argentina. More gigs hopefully.